Tuesday, January 22, 2008

2008.... The Year of Dan

Well here we are another year has begun and I only hope it’s better than 2007?
Some of you know that 2007 was not a great year for me personally… I lost friends, love, and even my home, and the worst yet…. Confidence in myself. I will NOT let 2008 be another 2007!!!
When it comes to friends I’ve lost a few, reconnected with others, and even made some new friends.
The Tuesday Crew was a group of friends I spent just about everyday with for just over two years. There are individuals I miss seeing and sharing a drink with, but others I don’t and they are the reason I have walked away. I’ve always said every rock band needs to take a break from the road to re-group, so I left the road and the Crew to re-group and take control of my life. There are times I wish I was still on the road, but then I realize this is the best move for me.

When it comes to the love I lost…. WOW… This is a tougher thing to put down in words..

I've changed the presets in my truck, so those old songs don't sneak up
But they still find me and remind me of you
I've never been know to order new things off the menu, that I never tried cause you didn't like them, but two drinks in you were by my side
I've talked to friends
I've talked to myself
I've talked to God
I prayed liked hell but I still miss you
I tried sober
I tried drinking
I've been strong and I've been weak
and I still miss you
I've done everything to move on like I'm supposed to
I'd give anything for one more minute with you
I still miss you.... I still miss you baby

We still share time together as friends, and we even agreed NOT to fall in love again with each other. I’m sorry to say but I think we have both failed at this promise. Are the good times worth fighting for??? Only time will tell if she is ready for that and if she’s ready to fight for my heart and love. Does my heart have walls around it??? YOU BET!!!! If someone walks into my life do I go for it?? YOU BET!!!!
Jude, I love you but it’s time for you to step up to the plate and take a swing… If not; it’s strike three and the game is over. Swing away!!!! I know you have the power and strength to fight.. Please look deep down inside..

Now the living situation… I’m pre-approved and I’m ready to start applying for the different programs I need to make the offers I want. I hope to be in the new home but mid March. The town home I was renting from my sister is getting ready to hit the market, and I’m still held up here at the parents place trying to live life and prepare for the next bachelor pad. J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was worth the wait. Must have been hard to share some of that stuff but I'm glad you did. I hope 2008 brings you everything you're hoping for.

Trudi said...

Wow! That truly was powerful. Love the way it was expressed. I am not sure how things are now, but the pain of heartbreak does diminish with time - usually a lot of it.